Sunday, April 02, 2006

You are beautiful

It was Friday evening, I was taking the tube to Piccadilly Circus, on the stairs going up to the street, I heard this song by James Blunt “You are beautiful”. The singer was a girl with a guitar, standing in the middle of the platform, her voice was very pure but also profound, drifting in the air. For a minute, my eyes just turned misty. Not that I was so much touched by the song, I have the CD and have listed to it many times, I actually didn’t think it was my type of song. Somehow I have to admit I am in a sentimental mood right now, and easily get very emotional about things.

I had a stroll in Hyde Park one evening after work, it was a day of tremendous emotional turbulence in the middle of crazy work trying to meet the deadline. I was stressed and sad, walking along the green in the Park. It was early evening, a fairly relaxed atmosphere in the park, I can see the white birds flying over the pond in the distance. Kids are playing on the grass, people walking their dogs and there are some serious joggers sweating themselves on the track. Then strangely enough, I feel my mind start to feel settled, for a second, I feel free and become part of the beautiful and peaceful nature.

Then little by little, this soothing effect kicks in, all the emotional ups and downs and endless struggle in my life start to disseminate. Life as the way it is, you have to live it to the full but at the same time not to push it too hard. Nature has its own rules, and so does life. You can join the force to influence and enrich it but you can’t fight against the rules. Certain things are meant to happen, when it happens you grasp it and enjoy the ride, when things have to go you can’t take it back.

There are people and moments in your life that are so beautiful, it is so hard to let it go, especially when they become part of you. But you are who you are and they are who they are, it is a game with no winners if you fight with it.

London is beautiful, and its beauty is not limited to skin deep. Sometimes, its charm, class and sophistication are not so obvious, but you will find them when you walk around the backstreets with old buildings, little stores around corner, the gardens illuminating in the sun and its unpredictable English weather which could change from sunny to drizlling in one hour.

No comments: