Monday, February 02, 2009

Winter Wonderland in London





When I got up this morning, it was a delightful surprise that outside it has turned a winter wonderland. The snow started in the evening yesterday, apparently had been snowing all night long, and it was still snowing when I left for work. The snow on the untouched streets was deep to my ankles. 

When I got to the office after 40 minutes (usually it is a 30 minutes) walk, it turned out I was one of the few people who made to the office as most public transportation had stopped running. I enjoyed a quiet day in the office and went home at 15:00. A nice change really compared with normal working days!

In the last ray of sunlight, we made a snowman in our communal garden. It was wonderful to have a day like back in the childhood. 


No comments: