Thursday, September 24, 2009

I Love London, just not the property prices.

I was on central line from Holland Park heading into city, it was eight in the morning, it was packed of people dressed up for work, quiet in their morning journey to work. I realized how lucky I am to be able to walk to work every day. I have to admit I quite enjoy this occasional visit to the city on a workday morning, a change of usual routine and atmosphere.
And it was such a lovely morning, it has been a good September, like this morning, dry and mild, the early morning sunshine beaming on the concrete buildings and casting its glow in the water of river Thames. I was going to the IBM building on south bank for a seminar. Walking on the pavement by the river, I started to wonder if I would enjoy more working in the city.
Back on tube at mid day, when I was on the stairs going up to the station, some quite mellow singing with guitar drifted from the walkway of the tunnel. I realized that this is the London I love, always on the move, always vibrant, diverse and dynamic.
We will have another busy weekend doing house hunting. We were a bit shocked yesterday when we learned one of the houses we planned to view again this weekend has gone under offer. Even we think it is massively over priced, but apparently they still get snatched up in this desirable area. We have expanded research from Brackenbury village in Hammersmith to Fulham/Parson’s Green area, so hopefully some success.

No comments: