Saturday, February 25, 2006

Rain, Rain and Sun

Back in London, greeted by gloomy weather, rainy and wet, then today it turned sunny in the morning- beautiful blue sky, and gusty, it doesn't feel like spring. Walking around in the neighborhood of Hammersmith, Kensignton and Baron's court, some of the residentials are quite nice.

Hitting my emotional low point last night, feeling a bit stranded in a strange foreign land. But then again, this is my choice to get out of the "comfort zone", so I can't really complain. Tough start, but it will only get better.

And yes, we only grow when we have to overcome challenges! London, a place I will call it home soon....

3 comments:

Shaun 坏蛋 said...

Hi J. Remember you have many friends who love you. We're here in spirit cheering you for your fantastic adventure. I know well the isolation you're feeling as a foreigner. I feel exactly the same here in Korea. Keep up your spirits and you will find new paths and happiness. I'll return to Italy in April. Maybe we can meet somewhere?

Shaun 坏蛋 said...

Hi J. I hate to add another comment but I forgot to add. I enjoyed your comment about gloomy, rainy weather with cold winds in London. I've been there many times. I agree with you - that doesn't sound like spring in England. It sounds more like winter, autumn, summer, and...oh yeah...spring. Welcome to England, where sometimes you must wear your woolly jumper in August. 干杯!

Anonymous said...

February is still winter! Spring is not until April. And summer is usually lasts for about one day in July !

But at least you have become English already - the weather is the one subject that the English talk about endlessly ! So you should settle in quickly!