Monday, September 11, 2006

A day to remember

A day to light candles, but for a better day tomorrow, maybe it is better to learn from yesterday than indulging ouselves into sadness, anger and fear. We won't forget that day, marked by shock, sorrow and devastation. I closed my eyes after watching the BBC movie "the path to 9/11. ", my heart is still unsettled. It takes more than five years to wash down those vivid memories, even I was not eithe the witness or the victim family members. But I was there in America, and working in an office building right across street from Sears tower (the same height as WTC towers) when the first plane hit the WTC.

I am not sure it is just me, but on a positive note, I think being there and experiencing the fear, anger and sorrow somehow made me a stronger person than I was before. The truth is, the terror won't go away, most likely we will have to live with it in our generation or even longer. And as more materially affluent than ever, we are not necessarilymentally stronger than the generations who had been through wars.

We all like watching dramas, but experiencing them ourselves, I can't say all of us are mentally equipped to deal with the roller coaster ups and downs. However, the reality of life, as the way history evolves, is rather a bumpy road with a lot of confusing detours and unexpected dangers and risks from the collisions.

No comments: