Sunday, November 26, 2006

Happy Anniversary Blogger!

Today I am celebrating for being a blogger for one year! Last year on the same day, I started my blog with the first journal "break away", it was an emotional piece in a lot of ways, by then I already knew I would be moving to London in three months. Now I have been a proud Londoner (if I can claim that) for ten months.

When I was walking down the street in Notting hill this afternoon, the sun just started to come down, painting the clouds in lovely pink and orange colours, I suddently realize why the sunset is more beautiful when there are clouds in the sky. It is the same in life, when everyday is as peaceful as a sunny day with clear sky, it might be too boring. We all need something to inspire us. The thunders and storms in life just make us appreciate the sunshine and peace more.

I actually feel quite settled here, the feeling I never had during the three years in the USA. Don't really know why, maybe partly because I grew up reading English literature, so somehow I find connection here. So far it has been quite an interesting experience, and I love the diversity and dynamics here. And in terms of blogging, this is probably one of the most liberal places to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.