Thursday, December 01, 2005

Losing your mother tongue? How is that possible?!

One of my friends read my newly launched blog and said to me, “Shouldn’t you have your blog in Chinese or at least Bilingual”? Good question, contemplating for a while, and I decided I will try to have my blog both in English and Chinese – maybe not for every post, at least for some of them. After all, knowing your root and keeping your root is very important. And still I find it is more comfortable and powerful to use your monther tongue when it comes to express something more sophisticated. Chinese, as the language, has its unique beauty of being subtle but direct as the same time.

So I got a big task this weekend to write something in Chinese, which I haven’t done for a while. And yes, it has to be something good, something to reflect where I come from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you mean your mother tongue !!