Friday, December 09, 2005

Winter lights

Lights are such a blessing on a cold winter day, the sense of warmth is just beaming through your heart. I remember the winter in Chicago, and the little Xmas lights they put out on the streets. Most of the memory of the winter in Chicago is cold, lots of snow, the chilly mornings I got up and shuffled away the snow and ice on my car, and the first three minutes after I get in the car, it is freezing! And yet, people kept telling me that was the mildest winter they had in past ten years, so I actually got lucky - considering I spent two years in Florida before moving to Chicago. What lingers in my memeory, is those little lights on the street in downtown Chicago, very pretty, giving some softness and warm flavor to the cold air.

Wondering what the winter would be like in London, well, not much snow I guess, replaced by rain most likely. One things for sure though, is that being a more internantional city, I think London has more to offer, and plus, if I get stuck in rainy London, I can make a short trip to the City of Lights - Paris.

No comments: